Frequently Asked Question
So...You want to be an airline pilot.
We are pleased to see that you are interested in joining Alliance Airways. Alliance Airways is amongst the most active and popular X-PLANE based virtual airlines around.
Although Alliance Airways is always looking for good pilots, we do have a high standard that must be met before acceptance is considered. Even after approval has been granted, like all Alliance Airways pilots, new recruits must agree to maintain a required level of flight route activity in order to remain active within the airline.
Do you have what it takes to be a Alliance Airways pilot?
Alliance Airways complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Pilots must be a minimum of 16 years of age in order to apply and fly for Alliance Airways.
The Application Process...
- Fill out and submit the application.
- Your Application will be reviewed by Alliance Airways Management Team.
- Upon review of your application, you will recieve by email, a welcome letter with your ID and Password to the Alliance Airways web page.
- Your First Flight - Once you have recieved your welcome email from Alliance Airways Management, you may begin your first flight as follows:
- Log into the Alliance Airways web page using the ID and PW that was given to you in your welcome email (be sure to change your password on your first log in).
- Go to the Download Hangar and download the following General Aviation Aircraft (C150, C172N, C172S, and P28A).
- Go to the Alliance Airways ACARS Center and download the XACARS Plug-in. Be sure to follow the instructions on how to install and use the Plug-in. If you have any questions on how to set up the Plug-In, please log into the Alliance Airways message forums for help (your ID and PW for the message forums is given to you in your welcome letter).
- Select a flight of your choice from the Flight School Schedule that contains any of the General Aviation aircraft that you downloaded, and fly the scheduled flight using the corresponsing aircraft for that flight.
- New Pilots are restricted flying Flight School aircraft until 6 hrs of flights have been reported and a simple "New Pilot" quiz has been passed.
Our flight reporting system, xACARS is not compatible with X-Plane running on STEAM and you will not be able to report your flights.
If you do not fly and report a minimum of one flight within your first week of hire, you will be deleted from our system.